AVS Testimonies Video
Viewing this video requires flash player 8.0
Benefits of Adult Vocational Services (AVS)
- High-quality programs at low cost
- Over 55 years' experience in successfully training thousands of individuals and hundreds of businesses, industries and government agencies
- Customized programs for your business or employees
- Certified and trained instructors
- Entrepreneurship training
- Training on standard equipment
- Tuition assistance available for qualified applicants
- Accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Selected adult program by the Ohio Department of Education as a Full-Service Center
Benefits for the student
- Adult Vocational Services (AVS), a program of Akron Public Schools, has been providing career training to adult learners for over 55 years. Over 350,000 people have enrolled in our customized programs designed to meet the ever-changing needs of Akron-area business, industry and government.
- AVS offers both full- and part-time programs during the day or in the evening. Tuition assistance, GED preparation and testing, and skill building pre-employment classes are available for qualified students.
- Our clients can choose from a wide range of programs--including business, technical, secretarial, apprenticeship, health and marketing--to gain skills for today's jobs. Our placement department can assist graduates in finding jobs.
Benefits for business
- AVS offers high-quality training at prices which help businesses stay competitive and profitable. Hundreds of companies have discovered AVS as an alternative for training and an excellent source of personnel.
- AVS serves both large and small firms and professional associations. We have developed dozens of training programs to meet the specific needs of area firms.
- Our customized workshops, seminars and long-term instructional programs are designed to increase employee efficiency and productivity.
- On-site training is available for a fraction of what a private consultant would charge.
Benefits for the entrepreneur
- If you own a small business or are thinking of starting one, we can help you. In 1988, AVS established the Center for Entrepreneurship Training. Business ownership has become a viable alternative for many individuals, and the "Center" is a frontrunner in providing training in this field. Comprehensive and short-term programs are available for those with the entrepreneurial spirit.
The Akron Board of Education does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, political affiliation or nationality. If you have questions regarding the non-discrimination policies and the civil rights grievance procedure, please contact Dr. Perry Clark, the Coordinator of both Title IX and 504 at 330.761.3151.
Copyright © Akron Public Schools All rights reserved.